SERVICES - MARINE TRANSPORTATION
Most of the globe is covered with water. This means that delivery of goods to a number of regions by car or rail is simply impossible. Marine transportation unites different countries and distant seaports.
Marine transportation is a popular and highly efficient type of cargo transportation carried out over long distances. Sometimes it is simply impossible to deliver the cargo in any other way. In this case, a very large volume of cargo is usually transported, which makes it possible to reduce the cost of transportation per unit of cargo, as a result, this type of cargo transportation is one of the most affordable. Therefore, in some cases marine transportation is the most optimal and expedient logistic solution, especially when it is necessary to cut down the expenses as much as possible.
The Asia Way Group company professionally organizes the delivery of goods using sea transport.
The advantages of marine transportation
Marine transportation has a number of advantages, the most significant of which are the following:
- efficiency – this type of delivery is affordable, as the carrying capacity and dimensions of modern cargo ships are simply enormous, which makes the delivery by this method the cheapest in terms of unit of cargo;
- regularity – sea vessels go and are processed according to a specific schedule defined in the ports;
- versatility – possibility of transportation of liquid, bulk, valuable, groupage, containerized, refrigerated cargo, machinery, raw materials, etc.;
- the ability to transport bulky, oversized and heavy cargo that is impossible or extremely difficult to transport by other means of transport;
- simplicity and high speed of loading, unloading and cargo handling, which was achieved thanks to modern equipment of ports.
It is these advantages that determine the popularity and demand for marine transportation.
The Asia Way Group company is based in Vladivostok, which is a large and modern port of international level. Currently, Vladivostok has the status of a free port, which makes it possible to process cargoes in a short time, including promptly clearing customs and clearance. And the staff of Asia Way Group will be glad to help you with this.
The disadvantages of marine transportation
The advantages of marine transportation are very significant. However, there are some disadvantages, including:
- slowness – marine transportation implies a very long delivery;
- problems with perishable goods;
- dependence on weather conditions – in the sea there are storms, winds, the surface of the seas freezes in cold latitudes, all of which can adversely affect the delivery time;
- the impossibility of door-to-door delivery without using other means of transportation – the cargo is delivered by sea only to the port, and from there it is necessary to transfer it to a car or rail transport;
- there is a risk of being attacked by sea rovers on some routes, so the cargo must be insured.
Despite all the disadvantages, marine transportation now accounts for about 70% of all global freight. And since this type of transportation after delivery to the port uses a different type of transport, it is often necessary to resort to multimodal transportation, competently organizing the delivery process to minimize time and financial costs.
Marine transportation features
If we are not talking about liquid and bulk cargoes, large-scale equipment, etc., then cargoes on ships are transported in special general-purpose containers. This guarantees the convenience of loading and unloading and makes it easy to organize multimodal transportation, as the container is simply loaded onto a car or a railway truck. Thanks to the robust metal case, the load is reliably protected. And the container itself must be sealed. This ensures 100% safety of cargo.
Marine transportation with Asia Way Group
The Asia Way Group company is a team of highly qualified specialists in the field of logistics and customs clearance. We are ready to organize the marine transportation of any type of cargo, including by:
- containers 20', 40', 40' High Cube;
- refrigerated containers 20', 40';
- special containers Flat Rack and Open Top;
- formation of groupage cargo (LCL).
In addition, our specialists provide cargo insurance and customs clearance services at ports. We are ready to develop an optimal route for delivering cargo through the main commercial sea ports. The customer can track the cargo in real time.
If you have any questions related to marine transportation, or you want to choose the best logistics solution, please contact our staff. Leave a request, and any task will be solved effectively and at an affordable price.